The candidates applying for a spouse visa or further leave to remain in the UK must clear this exam to proceed. This is the A2 level exam according to the Common European Framework of References for Languages(CEFR). The CEFR has many levels starting from A1 which is a beginner level exam. If you are one of the candidates then this will help you to crack the exam very easily. Follow the tips given here to clear the test and there will be additional details such as the A2 English test booking provided here.
How to start preparing from scratch
The candidates might have already attempted the A1 English test before this, therefore, this will not be very difficult for them. But if you want to learn and understand the language better you can follow these tips:
- Try to make conversations in English most of the time. Before you speak form the sentences in your mind and then speak.
- Initially, the candidates will be less fluent in speaking the language but with practice, the candidate will have a good command over the language.
- Since the speaking and listening skills of the candidate will be put to the test the candidate must start listening to English conversation like news or a movie to understand each word they are speaking.
- Seek online help when necessary. You need to download sample materials that can help you with the language.
- Even when you are thinking something you have to try to think in English. This is a powerful way to engage yourself and be better in the language.
Since it is a beginner level test there is a possibility that it will not be very tough. A basic understanding of the language and a good speaking skill is enough. But if you genuinely want to learn this language out of interest you can still follow the above-mentioned tips.
What are the booking procedures?
The booking can be done online by selecting the provider you wish to register from and read any instructions available. You can proceed to book by selecting the date you are ready to give your exam on. Make sure you can make it to the examination center on the selected date as there will be no refund if you have missed the exam without any genuine reasons. Once you have selected the date you can also select the location from where you prefer to attend the exam from the options provided to you. Confirm your seat by paying the exam fee of 200.00 GBP.
The test is 7 minutes long and the examiner gives the score according to the level of English the candidate can speak and understand. The A2 English test booking has also been explained so that the candidate will not find any difficulty in booking for the test. The Home office of the UK has made it mandatory for the candidates to clear the test to get a spouse visa or further leave to remain approved.